For those of you trying to figure yourselves out, Franklin Covey has a personal mission statement builder that you should try. It just asks a few simple questions and Bam-o! you have your own statement to look at and return to whenever you’re feeling lost.
I’m going to seize this opportunity to publish mine…perhaps it will keep me accountable. Here we go:
- I am at my best when I’m laughing.
- I will try to prevent times when I’m feeling lost.
- I will enjoy my work by finding employment where I can coordinate, organize, problem solve and assist others.
- I will find enjoyment in my personal life through creativity, learning, appreciating the creativity of others, helping those in need, and connecting with nature.
- I will find opportunities to use my natural talents and gifts such as organizing, coordinating, problem solving, making people laugh, crafting and writing.
- I can do anything I set my mind to. I will be a writer, artist and animal activist.
- My life’s journey is to use my talents to help animals and people connect on a level that will mutually benefit both.
- I will be a person who my family and friends will say that I filled their life with laughter and that I gave my heart to others in need.
I will stop procrastinating and start working on:
- Taking better care of myself.
- Reconnecting with loved ones.
- Being nicer to myself and others.
I will strive to incorporate the following attributes into my life:
- Being a rebel and dreamer.
- Unapologetically being myself.
- Seeing the good in everyone and empowering them.
I will constantly renew myself by focusing on the four dimensions of my life:
- Find an exercise program that will keep me active for the rest of my life.
- Reconnecting with nature.
- Finding a job that makes me feel fulfilled.
- Reconnecting with friends and family.